Re: [orca-list] Orca and Epiphany?

Hello,
I am verry sorry to follow on this with a bunch of semi tested and vague reported stuff however I do have this in mind for quite some time and I was unable to make a proper report documenting this. I think as more and more aria related improvements are finding its way through to more and more main stream sites such as google web services, facebook and twitter there are issues where it becomes difficult to navigate such modern pages.

Example 1 google groups messages within a topic for example here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/otrs_archive/atwWi_4owr8 It is not possible to use the arrow keys or say all to read the whole conversation top to bottom because there are some unlabeled controls between individual messages where orca gets stuck and I need to arrow past these by ussing right arrow key. Navigation by word, navigation by line nor say all can get through these I am afraid. Also it is not possible to get out from the toolbar at the top of the conversation other way than by tabbing around moving by arrow keys causes nothing audible. Maybe this is correct and all the controls are still accessible by pressing tab and / or shift+tab I am just not entirelly sure if this is the case. There are a lot of issues like this in the google web services e.g. gmail, google adwords etc. The biggest issue which can be seen for example while using the gmail web interface is that list of messages is only accessible while gecko navigation is used. I don't know if this can be generalized more or at least be scripted somehow for the gmail app but with significant tryal and error it is not obvious when and where to switch orca vs gecko caret browsing. I think I am experienced user and I am even more afraid that it might be even more critical to new users. Additionally the popup menus such as those shown when pressing on a colapsed toggle buttons require the same kind of tryal and error. Most of them require switching from orca to gecko caret navigation. List of hangouts friend in the gmail web interface however does not require this kind of switching, this is something to build on I believe. These concepts are also being used on various widelly recognized sites such as facebook, twitter, youtube etc. There are accessibility advocates who finally brought enough attention from main stream media that at least such widelly recognized sites and services are getting more and more accessible. However I am afraid on the linux desktop we are not quite ready for this. See for example these two blog articles primarily targetting windows users and try to use your knowledge about orca and firefox to try making some good use out of this. I understand you will need to change some usage patterns however the access should get at least comparativelly equal if not the same.
http://www.marcozehe.de/2014/05/03/wai-aria-for-screen-reader-users-an-overview-of-things-you-can-find-in-some-mainstream-web-apps-today/
http://www.marcozehe.de/2014/07/08/accessibility-in-google-apps-an-overview/

Are there some relativelly easy to make improvements possible in this orca development cycle or is this too wide area to require additional funding and other kind of support?

P.S. I must say I am a bit jealous that we have such a way to go as compared to windows users on this however I think I can do more testing in order to try to improve the situation.

Greetings

Peter