Re: [orca-list] Orca and Epiphany?

This sounds very good. I bet it will help on some very interestng sites.
--
B.H.

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 06:31:49AM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Al.

I just took a quick look at the demo course. What seems to be going on
is the following:

1. Native caret navigation is not working properly on that site. This
   is problematic for both Epiphany and Firefox. In the former case,
   Orca does not control the caret at all and relies upon native caret
   navigation working. In the latter case, Orca can control the caret,
   but it sees it is in ARIA content and concludes that it shouldn't
   control the caret for that reason. I'll see what I can do about this
   for Firefox.

2. Structural navigation is not working properly on that site in
   Firefox. The reason why is, again, Orca sees that it is in ARIA and
   disables structural navigation. I just committed a change to Orca
   master so Orca keeps structural navigation enabled even in ARIA.
   As a result, you should now be able to navigate the site in Firefox
   by using 'm' to jump amongst landmarks and then other commands to
   interact with the content there. This works for me for both text and
   playing the video.

Hope this helps.
--joanie