Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird 24 non-responsiveness (was Re: Orca uses much cpu on my machine)

Hello,
I have also been able to build and install the latest master branch of orca. It partially fixed garbled texts of live region anouncements but unfortunatelly the lag is there. I am going to try to write exactly how I can reproduce the issue maybe it will help a bit.

I have multiple accounts setup let's call them account 1 and account 2. Account 1 is at the top of the folder treeview and account 2 is below account 1. So while they both are collapsed arrowing up from account 2 I can move directly to account 1. When I start thunderbird inbox for the account 2 is selected inside the folder treeview and focus is placed inside the message list. Message preview is not displayed and message filter is displayed. Other settings in the view menu are not changed.
Here are the steps to make it hang and freeze:
- press shift+tab to go to the message filter edit field,
- press shift+tab once more to go to the folders treeview,
- press left arrow multiple times until you realize account 2 is collapsed,
- press up arrow to move to account 1 and notice it's collabsed too,
- press right arrow key to expand account 1,
- press down arrow to go to the inbox for account 1.
Now if you press any key e.g. the tab key to go to the message filter edit field you will hear nothing but key echo as the keypresses are anounced. If you are lucky you can alt+tab to another app and work there however even returning back into thunderbird after a while does not return access to thunderbird back. If you are back in thunderbird, you can press super+alt+s to switch off and then switch back on the screen reader. After getting screen reader on utterance spoken, you will have to wait a little while and then curent control focused in thunderbird gets announced automagically and you will be able to continue as normal until you change account in thunderbird or move to another folder in the folders treeview which is not a child of the folder you are currently in.

I know this is somewhat complicated but I can always reproduce the issue by following these steps.

Greetings

Peter