Re: [orca-list] openSUSE, Tumbleweed, GNOME, and Orca

Robert Cole <rkcole72984 gmail com> wrote:
do understand and accept that things will break (I even had that
problem in Windows...probably more often than I do in Linux); I just
really need to learn how to properly diagnose problems which occur
under Linux and how to solve them.

A good book on Linux system administration should help in that respect,
provided that it is combined with practice, of course.

The following applies regardless of operating system: I always have two
machines capable of satisfying my needs, in case one fails due to hardware or
software issues. I've never had to re-install an operating system due to a
software or upgrade problem, despite having used Debian Unstable for many
years, so I don't want to over-state the risk. However, being prepared is your
responsibility, as is maintaining backups.