[orca-list] openSUSE, Tumbleweed, GNOME, and Orca

Hello, everyone.

I have been kind of at a rough point in searching for a production distribution for awhile now. I want to keep up with accessibility improvements, but I want to eliminate the six-month upgrade routine mainly because, due to my current circumstances, I just do not have the time to deal with it.

I now that, in the next few weeks, the Sonar Project is going to release a Sonar version based on Manjaro Linux, an Arch derivative. Also, openSUSE 13.1 was recently released. both of these distributions offer a rolling release solution. Manjaro is a rolling release distribution "out of the box" whereas openSUSE has to have its "Tumbleweed" repositories enabled in order to be used as a rolling release system.

I would love to work with a vanilla Arch installation, but (once again) I have some serious time restraints, and I am not the best at fixing things if I break them. There is also the very critical fact that I only have ONE computer in my home to work with. If I mess it up, I mess it up for everyone.

I have narrowed my selection of a production distribution to openSUSE, Manjaro, and Arch. I just want to ask the list here if there are any openSUSE "Tumbleweed" users out there. If so, how is your experience in keeping your systemup-to-date in regards to accessibility? When I mean "up-to-date", I am referring to stable releases (e.g. GNOME 3.6, 3.8, 3.10, etc).

I hate to say it, but one of my faults is that I have a difficult time making decisions because I am very meticulous concerning all of the details. I want to do my best to make the best decision.

Please bear in mind that I am not asking, "Which distro should I use?" From my research, I have come to three candidates: openSUSE, Manjaro, and Arch. I guess if I could generalize my question even further, I would phrase it like this: If one wants to keep up with accessibility improvements (e.g. Orca and the GNOME Shell Magnifier in my case), but one wants to avoid the six-month upgrade rutine, is a rollign release distribution a safe, efficient, and effective way to go?

Any thoughts or input would be very much appreciated.

PS: I know that similar questions have been asked in the past, and I am very sorry for being redundant. It is just that I want to get a distribution installed and stick with it; I want to keep up with [stable] releases of all of the accessibility components. When I do the upgrade process every six months, I have some in my household who become rather impaitent because they want to use the computer. <smile> That is the disadvantage of having only one computer. I used to have a laptop, but it reached its end of life months ago, and I just cannot afford another machine.

Thanks again, everyone.