Re: [orca-list] gnome 3.10: opening orca's preferences fails when no window has focus

Correction to my previous statement:

The real fix is that gnome-shell would emit an event letting us know it
has focus. If it did, this bug would be solved. If it already is doing
so and Orca is ignoring it, I can fix that. I'll investigate.

The real -- and only -- fix is that gnome-shell needs to emit accessible
keyboard events. The way Orca commands work is:

1. Orca is told a keyboard event occurred.
2. Orca looks at that event and sees if it's associated with an Orca
   command.
3. If it is associated with an Orca command, Orca consumes that event
   and performs the command; if it is not, it ignores that event and
   lets the active app consume it.

If item 1 doesn't happen, 2 and 3 cannot happen. And 1 ain't happening.

I'll chat with Alejandro PiƱeiro about this on Monday.
--joanie