Re: [orca-list] Espeak, speech dispatcher, and Orca at faster rates

On 16 May, Bill Dengler(arch Gnu/Linux) <billkd2008 gmail com> wrote:

I tried 250, that seems just a little off.
Do I need to set the number higher?

The "speed" command in an eSpeak voice file acts as a percentage
multiplier to whatever speed Orca tells eSpeak to use.

So if Orca's fastest speed is "eSpeak speed 350" (this is just an
example, I don't know what is the actual value), then if you add the
line

speed 140

into the eSpeak voice file, eSpeak will behave as though Orca tells it
to speak at "eSpeak speed 490".