Re: [orca-list] [off topic] help with ArchLinux

Hello everyone!
First: thanks a lot to all of you. there were a few ideas, I might have considered, while experimenting and shame on me, I should have thought of them myself. But now it is running. I reinstalled the whole system. I don't know, where the error was, but it was somewhere in the boot process itself. I can smell a running Linux from a mile away, but if it hangs in the boot process itself, I'm rather helpless. I would have heard the sound being enabled and since I'm a musician, I know how to test my soundcard as such. Perhaps I should have mentioned that as well. As for brltty, there just is a bug, which is known and being worked on, but still not fixed yet. That is why, I will have to recompile. Otherwise BRLTTY would have worked. I certainly hear it starting on the installer CD. In practise ArchLinux or Debian Squeeze are currently the only systems, I can install from scratch. And Debian Squeeze is old and the Debian releases are rather slow. This is nice for reasons of stability, but bad, if I want to test some of the graphical tricks. All other distros don't support my soundcard and as I said, BRLTTY in its version >4.2 is unhelpful right now. Still now the system is running, that will be solved in a jiffy, once I get some more time off for that. :-)
  Warm regards and thanks again!
         Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html