Re: [orca-list] [off topic] help with ArchLinux

If I had run into that situation with archlinux with the speakup install
disk, I would first wipe the system.  Then I would start the disk up
again.  Just after starting, the first command I'd run would be dmesg
dmesg.log.  If I could somehow get that file off the machine and to
another location,  I'd do that and then stop the installation and
examine the file with grep grep -in "error" dmesg.log | less and take
note of what came up.  Since the disk won't talk, speech will have been
attempted on your system so all the errors you're having with speakup
ought to be in that log file.  I haven't tried it, but maybe floppy
access or flash drive access might be possible just after the system
boots up.  If so, there will be your place to store any error logs.
Just as an ace in the hole for you, however the speakup error squashing
goes and the speakup mailing list is the proper place for that, I'd do
script and then run all those commands to install archlinux and just
before rebooting I'd do exit and save that typescript file to the same
media with the dmesg.log file on it.  That way you can catch any errors
happening during installation after boot up too.  Those are proper
topics for the archlinux list or maybe the support list on
sonar-project.org.