Re: [orca-list] [off topic] help with ArchLinux

Probably brltty has to be loaded in /etc/modules along with speakup_soft.
I'd certainly try that during an install.On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Kyle wrote:

His install media is talking without any problems. From what I
understand, it just doesn't speak or show braille after installation.
I'm not sure about the braille, since I have no working braille display
to test it, but it seems he just forgot to save sound settings and/or
properly enable espeakup on the newly installed system. These fixes can
be made from the install media without having to wipe the installation
and start over. I will +1 the suggestion to move the discussion to the
Accessible Freedom support list
support accessiblefreedom org
or perhaps the Speakup list, since the problems are unrelated to Orca.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/

jude <jdashiel shellworld net>
Microsoft, windows is accessible. why do blind people need screen readers?