From: John G. Heim [mailto:jheim math wisc edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:41 PM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: 'Dave Hunt'; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] orca best practices

Well, it's not quoted any more but if you've been following this thread,
I've just been trying to follow the advice, admittedly often contradictory
advice, from the people on this list.
Actually, I think if you think about it, it only makes sense to set up a
server in wheezy, not a desktop. My desktop runs squeeze. On the other hand,
while setting up a server in squeeze at this point might not
exactly be wrong it   would definately be iffy.  I didn't want to set up
a server in squeeze only to have to reinstall or even risk a dist-upgrade in
a few months. I can probably get by without orca entirely on the server. I
could just use speakup. But as long as I have this wheezy machine here, I
thought I'would see how orca compares between squeeze & wheezy.

There's nothing wrong with setting up a server in wheezy at this point.
The server doesn't really even need the GUI. And packages like bind9 and
isc-dhcp-server aren't going to have significant bugs at this point.

to Wheezy.  Gnome-shell is far
different from gnome 2.  I certainly would not have done it on a
multiuser system without first testing it in a nonproduction
environment.  In gnome-shell, try alt f1 and then control alt tab till
you get to the top bar.  The menu with your name on it will have the
logout feature as one of the options.

Good luck.
Alex M
Ps I am glad you were able to look at your csv file.