Re: [orca-list] orca best practices

Okay, so I got the gnome-classic menu working on my debian wheezy system. But I still don't know how to log out. The system menu that was in previous versions of gnome is gone. Googling shows me that it can't be restored. I don't exactly approve of that but my main problem is that I don't know what I am supposed to do to log out.

BTW, I've been logging out by switching to a text console and restarting gdm3, "/etc/init.d/gdm3 restart". After that, orca doesn't work but I found if I also kill off speech-dispatcher processes ownd by the end user (not a daemon), orca works again.

Boy, my end users are not going to like this new gnome desktop. You really ought to be able to get the old gnome desktop. A few of them complained bitterly when Alt+Control+Backkspace stopped working. I sure wish those gnome developers would stop messing with us.