Re: [orca-list] Is Linux suitable for non-programmer/computer scientists?

what about configuring apps?
and also editing conf files
last time I used ubuntu I had to drop in to command line just to open text editor to edit conf files couldn't do that from gui do to root not being available in ubuntu gui
is there a work around for stuff like this?
Hank