Re: [orca-list] Is Linux suitable for non-programmer/computer scientists?

Hi Hank,

On 3/17/13, Hank Smith, and Seeing-Eye dog Iona <hanksmith hanksmith net> wrote:
but don't u have to install linux apps from command line?

No, you don't. There are a number of graphical tools to install and
manage apps. On Ubuntu, for example, I use Software Center to install
and remove applications. I agree using apt-get is faster, but it isn't
strictly necessary to use any command line tools to install and remove
apps.