From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Luke
Yelavich
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:11 PM
To: Clinton Waterbury
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] session manager window anyone???

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 10:57:46AM EST, Clinton Waterbury wrote:
On 03/13/2013 06:52 AM, Guy Schlosser wrote:
Here's an update concerning the session management window.  It seems
like you can use left and right arrow keys to navigate between the
four options in the window.  This was confirmed by my girlfriend, who
was also watching the screen as I arrowed around.
The objects just don't speak when you arrow over them.  As a
work-around, you can see with the orca review commands that shutdown
is the third in the line, and restart is fourth.
Therefore, arrowing over three or four times respectively will get
you where you want to be.  It doesn't seem like it will be too hard
to make this box accessible, as Orca's flat review can already read
this window. Thanks for the quick response Luke.

Turns out that this window is actually part of the unity code proper, which
makes it more difficult to improve accessibility wise than I thought.

Luckily, it appears that the GTK based messages that used to be displayed
are still in the code, but if Unity is running, Unity does the window
instead. It will be much easier to put in a switch to disable the unity
logout/restart windows and use the GTK one than it will be to try and fix
things in Unity, given Unity will be rewritten in Qt/QML anyway...

Luke