Re: [orca-list] QT5 qt-at-spi

Tirsdag 12. mars 2013 20.11.08 skrev Peter Vágner:
Hello,
I have just read quite interesting article on QT5.
It should have improved accessibility for all desktops including linux
and windows.
Is there a way we end users can now make some advantage of new features
or do we just need to wait until developers start building their apps
against qt5 libraries?
Mostly you will need to wait for applications to move over to Qt 5.

Also how does qt-at-spi fit in now?
qt-at-spi is no longer needed. It has become part of Qt 5 (in a much improved
version), so there will no longer be any problem on linux, unless people
choose to explicitly disable accessibility. I don't think that linux
distributions will do that though.

Can I for example find an app and build it against qt5 for a test?
I would consider trying out vlc media player if it is indeed possible.
You can of course. The problem is that a small porting effort is required and
the adaptation will take a bit of time. If you want to do the porting
yourself, it  should be pretty simple, mostly fixing a few headers that
changed. There may be tricky situations of course.

Cheers
Frederik

Greetings

Peter