Re: [orca-list] [solved] Re: Arch+orca stopped talking to me

I received a PKGBUILD for orca 3.7.91 off list. Looks like it actually pulls down the release tarball and builds it. I'm told that it requires downgrading automake to 1.12. I installed the automake-1.12 package from AUR, and it builds correctly. This PKGBUILD appears to be based on the abs version of Orca's PKGBUILD for 3.6.1, but with some extra sha256 sums and the python2 dependencies replaced with python, which in Arch represents python 3. I can send you the PKGBUILD off list if you like. Since this builds for a release rather than from git, it may be possible to upload this or a cleaned up version to AUR as orca-latest, orca-testing or similar.

For some time now, the AUR package orca-git has failed to build. Seems it depends on a package called python-wnck, which is no longer present in AUR. If this dependency problem can be fixed, it will once again be possible to build and install orca-git from AUR. It should be possible now with a simple edit of the PKGBUILD, but packer, the AUR helper I use, keeps trying to download python-wnck before I can even edit the PKGBUILD for orca-git. My next step is to attempt to download the AUR tarball and build it manually with the python-wnck dependency removed, and modifying the rest of the dependencies to match the orca 3.7.91 PKGBUILD I have if necessary.

As for the atk, at-spi2-core and at-spi2-atk packages, I actually received links to prebuilt binary packages for these rather than PKGBUILD files. It's possible these are in AUR as well, but either they are not there, or they fail to build. I just installed the binary packages, I didn't try building them from AUR. These packages are optional at this time, however, as Orca 3.7.91 works fine with the current official packages. There have been some bugfixes though that may make it worth upgrading to these releases.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"