[orca-list] [solved] Re: Arch+orca stopped talking to me

The problem was indeed caused by the latest speech-dispatcher shipping only with python 3.x bindings. It also affects the RSGames client, which no longer speaks, but the main problem was the fact that the GNOME 3.6 version of Orca stopped speaking. I received a PKGBUILD file that allowed me to upgrade to the latest git master, and doesn't depend on a package that for whatever reason is no longer in AUR. I also installed automake-1.12 from AUR to satisfy the build dependency on the previous version of automake. All is running fine now, except the RSGames client, which I can live without until everything is synchronized in the official repos or until RSGames ships a Python 3.x version. This is the price I pay for living on the bleeding edge <smiles>. I also received PKGBUILDs for the latest at-spi2 and atk packages, and will be upgrading those today as well. I look forward to the great things in the latest versions of the accessibility stack. I do, however, agree with others who have suggested downgrading speech-dispatcher for now, as that is certainly the easiest way to keep a speaking system, especially if you play RSGames, if you have the older speech-dispatcher package available. Apparently, I already cleaned mine to save disk space on the / partition, so I just upgraded Orca. Thanks for all the help. Oh, and yes, I do plan on purchasing a UPS some time in the near future <grin>.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"