[orca-list] Arch+orca stopped talking to me

I updated my Arch Linux system 2 days ago and found after a power failure early yesterday morning that Orca is no longer speaking. Typing something like

spe-say hello

at a command prompt still speaks "hello," but I get nothing at all from orca. I am running Orca 3.6.3-2 from the standard repos; not running git master. I get absolutely no output from orca while it is running.

orca >&outfile

in the gnome terminal and

tail -f outfile

from a speakup-enabled console is producing absolutely nothing. I have also tried eracing my entire ~/.local/share/orca directory, but have had no luck. I am using my openSUSE virtual machine to write this, as Orca still works there. Any help is greatly appreciated.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/