From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of RiverWind
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:47 AM
To: The Orca Support List
Subject: [orca-list] A Speech output problem in the terminal

Hey There,

I have just installed the latest version of Debian on my system, and I seem
to have gotten everything set up to my satisfaction, save for one item.
Whilst in the gnome terminal, where I can work from the command prompt, I
have ran into a problem. I am not able to get Orca to read the screen upon
which I am currently working.
I can use the navigation keys in order to read the content of the screen,
but I can not get Orca to read for me the screen its self.

Take for instance pine or alpine. Orca is completely silent when ever I
press the "i" key for the index, "v" for the view message feature or "m" for
the main screen. It refuses to read the screen comprehensively from top to
bottom. I have checked the speech, voice, keyboard and every other setting
in the gnome preferences for the terminal by means of "orca + ctrl + space",
but have failed to find the setting that will solve this speech output
issue.

At this point, I could really use some input as to what change I need to
effect in order to achieve the aforementioned feedback results. I would
sincerely appreciate any and all suggestions having to do with the finding
of the palliative for this matter.

cheerio,
Riv

My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net My Blog