From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Al
Sten-Clanton
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:57 AM
To: Christopher J Chaltain
orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] VINUX-SUPPORT: RE: Ubuntu Unity Desktop to go to
Mir and QT

It strikes me that, from the perspective you're describing, a "viable
product" apparently does not include accessibility as a matter of course.
(I'm not saying that's your own view, but only that this is the view you
describe--all too well and concisely.) Until our access needs are deemed
equal to the access needs of those who use the standard monitor and other
tools, the attitude in the business will be wrong.

Tell me if I'm mistaken, but I think I heard recently that Apple's recent
foray into accessibility resulted from a law suit.  (I say "recent foray"
because there was a period during the 1980s when it provided some speech
output at least.) Does anybody know for sure whether this is right or wrong?

Al