Re: [orca-list] ORCA concept

Hi Anders,

No, that would not be possible based on how Orca works. There is a
world of difference between the graphical toolkits, libraries, and
APIs used on the Mac and those used by Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, etc.
Mac OS uses a graphical toolkit called Cocoa which is proprietary to
Apple products, and isn't compatible with Orca in any way, shape, or
form. I'm no expert on how Orca works precisely, but I gather that
at-spi acts as an accessibility bridge between Orca and your graphical
desktop and applications. That is to say that GTK+ applications
communicate their onscreen information through at-spi to Orca, and Qt
apps do likewise via the qt-at-spi library. Therefore any GUI
application such as those for Mac that use Cocoa would not be
accessible because they do not use at-spi and the rest of the
accessibility stack required by Orca to gather onscreen information.

Cheers!