Re: [orca-list] Aria-hidden: confirmation in newer Orcas?

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
On 12/02/2013 06:39 AM, Mallory van Achterberg wrote:

According to Steve Faulkner, aria-hidden should trump everything else, or
that that is the attempt. If so, would it make more sense to first only
check if there's aria-hidden, and ignore all other display-affecting states
then? That might be quicker.

What would be quickest, is not to have to check at all. What would be
most reliable is to not expose objects to ATs that those ATs must not
expose to end users.

And, that's exactly what the ARIA specs say. And, the specs will stand
and shortly become W3C recommendations as we have the required
implementations to prove the implementability of this particular
specification. Working Group consensus plus evidence of implementability
are the tests applied to decide what becomes a W3C standard, by the way.

So, Firefox is out on their own limb on this one. They have their own
reasons for disagreeing, which I personally don't understand. Hopefully,
we can get them to come around.

Janina

--joanie