Re: [orca-list] UNS: Re: Aria-hidden: confirmation in newer Orcas?

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
Hey Janina.

On 11/30/2013 08:00 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:
This is correct. It's FF that's broken.

Any chance you could convince them of that? <smiles> I've not been able
to. See, for example, the following message in which not only is my
suggestion dismissed, but I'm told that I should also be checking for
other "offscreen" objects that are exposed to Orca but should not be
exposed to end users:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-devel/2013-September/msg00007.html

Wow. Someone's confused the role of html parser and that of the screen
reader, imo.

There seems to be general agreement in the ARIA group that Firefox is
misunderstanding part of the ARIA specification, though we think we can
also understand some of how that misunderstanding came about. There will
be an effort to get them to back off for now, and allow us to clear the
anomaly in an orderly fashion during the next phase of ARIA development.
In this regard the minutes from today's ARIA teleconference might be of
interest:

https://www.w3.org/2013/12/02-pf-minutes.html

Janina

--joanie