Re: [orca-list] is it safe to update Gnome shell to 3.8 on Ubuntu 13.04

I have a couple of queries now.
Firstly, I wish to know how I can access the home folder on Gnome 3.6 or 3.8.
Secondly, I wish to know how to access a USB stick/ pen drive.
I had inserted my pen drive in the usb slot, I herd Gnome 3.6 saying "kingston ", which ment that the drive was detected.
But I did not have any idea of accessing it.
Finally, How to put some folders on the desktop for quick access?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.