Re: [orca-list] [completely OT]: Looking for a new MP3-player

I can't speak to the Rockbox application that ran under Android, but
only to the firmware replacement for numerous stand alone portable MP3
players. If you want to learn more about it, I'd suggest checking out:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/WhyRockbox

It's free and open source firmware that replaces the proprietary
firmware that came with your MP3 player. The emphasis is on sound
quality and flexibility. It also has an eyes free feature which allows
you to hear all of the different menus on the player and optionally load
clips for each of the folders and files on your MP3 player. It wasn't
created by or for the blind, but rather by audiophiles. Accessibility is
achieved through the eyes free mode and the commitment of the developers.