Re: [orca-list] no magnifier page in Orca settings

On 09/05/2012 09:03 AM, dds wrote:
On 9/5/2012 2:17 AM, Kyle wrote:
Magnification for gnome-shell is now controlled from the Universal
Access icon in System Settings. You can find the magnification
settings in the zoom tab.
~Kyle
Thank you very much Jason and Kyle!

Actually the Zoom option doesn't appear in "Gnome Classic" even after
installing gnome-shell, but appears when selecting Gnome (alone) at
log-in. That's why I couldn't find it...

That zoom doesn't works with "GNOME Classic". The reason is that the
magnifier is not a program, but a feature of GNOME 3 desktop (gnome
shell). If you need to use "Gnome Classic" the best option is use compiz
plugin eZoom. gnome-mag (AFAIK) is not an option, as it was not an
option on GNOME 2 due his performance problems.

The magnifier dynamic performances are great, but they didn't include
an "inverse colors" option! (I am photophobic)
I can invert colors of the whole Gnome environment in System
Settings/Universal Access, but this doesn't invert e.g. the Google
homepage, Wikipedia, ... it hurts my eyes...

Color inversion as a zoom effect will be available on GNOME 3.6. It is
already available on the beta versions (since 3.5.4), if you want to
experiment.

I know this is no more an Orca question, but does anybody have any
piece of advice for inverting colors with gnome-shell?

Well, as I said, one option is install a beta version of GNOME, in order
to have the effect implemented on gnome-shell, and the possibility to
configure it on gnome-control-center.

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias