Re: [orca-list] Why orca is double echoing some content in firefox?

The other possibility to what I stated below is that Gecko is only
emitting one caret moved event (i.e. doing the correct thing), but in so
many cases fails to do the correct thing and we are heuristically
failing to identify that in this particular case Gecko is doing what it
should be.

As I mentioned to you before and stated in bug 652242, Orca's Gecko
script (likely) needs to be totally redone. But that is going to be a
ton of work to sort out what hacks can or should be removed, what hacks
should remain, and what the impact of removing some hacks but not others
will have.