Re: [orca-list] Trisquel GNU/Linux 6.0 LTS is out in pre-release edition

According to Jason White:
# If it were known who held the copyright, it might be possible to raise enough
# money to have the source code released under an open licence.

Which brings up another great point, and is another reason why I wouldn't touch that synthesizer. Because I myself don't have the money to try to track down who holds the copyright, how can I be sure that if I purchase a licence from Voxin, the company behind TTSynth or even IBM, that I'm even paying the right people and getting a valid license that they themselves have a legal right to sell to me? I find that the free speech synthesizers suit my needs perfectly, but even if they didn't, there are better maintained proprietary speech synthesizers that I could purchase if I felt the need to do so, and I can be at least a little more confident of the validity of the license I would be purchasing.
~Kyle