[orca-list] VMWare player 5.0.0 and the boot menu?

Hi.

I have installed Ubuntu 12.10 as well as Windows 7 x86 in a VM. Currently, the host is Windows 7 X64. Everything runs fine with both VMs until I tell them to restart. In both cases, on restart I get the following message:

“Starting…

Press enter for networking or ESC for the menu.”

For some weird reason, I can’t get past this “hangup” on restart. If I do a shutdown, then restart again, everything works fine. When looking at the performance tab of Windows 7 while the message sits there, the processor time ramps to 100% and freezes do to processor overload. I then lose control of everything, JAWS dies, and a hard restart is required. Is there any way to get rid of this “boot menu”? The host has 6GB of physical memory, 750GB HD, and an Intel I5 2400M 3.0GHZ processor [4 of them]. Both VM setups have 2GB of memory assigned to them, use 2 processor cores, and have 50GB of disk space. Each one has the HD split into multiple smaller files instead of one large one.