Re: [orca-list] how to identify in the dash if an application is running

Luke Yelavich <themuso ubuntu com> wrote:

I'd have to look at the Unity 2D code to see how things are dealt with there
in terms of translation, but if I were writing an atk implementation for
such a thing, I'd probably make the application state a translatable string,
i.e translate "running", and then concatinate both strings together for the
accessible name. The only possible problem I can think of is rtl languages,
or languages where such information needs to be conveyed differently, but
given I am only an English speaker, I can't truely work this one out.

A further difficulty is that one could not obtain the accessible name of the
application without also retrieving its state (as running or not). I think it
would be better to keep the two separate.