Re: [orca-list] Great news for blind gamers

According to Petr Bláha:
# Nobody will pay them money for porting their games to linux or mac, so
# games ported from windows to these platforms would be probably more
# expensive, to pay their wowk with porting.

I would like to direct your attention to
http://humblebundle.com/
It's not a blind gamers' site, but they sell cross-platform games. It has been said that those who pay for games that run natively on Linux pay a higher average price than those who buy them for Windows and even for Mac. I do believe that this goes to show that Linux users are indeed willing to pay for game development. It would be even better if they would sell a GPL license along with the games, but I do like what I see on that website, and maybe, just maybe, developers of games for blind and visually impaired users could use it as an example of just how well Linux development could work for them.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk