[orca-list] Which flavor of Debian for Orca

Hi,
I have been trying to get Ubuntu 12.04 working, and it is terrible with Orca
from my experience.
So I'm wondering, is the straight Debian package working with Orca?
And, will I be able to call up Orca after booting up in a live session, or
will I need to do an apt-get for Orca?
I'm not fond of Vinux because it uses older packages of Debian, and there is
just too much adaptation for me.
One of the problems I had with Ubuntu 12.04 was when I logged out to try to
switch to Unity-2D, I could never log back in.
Glenn