Re: [orca-list] Which flavor of Debian for Orca

Hello, Glenn.

If I may ask, are you upgrading from a GNOME 2.x-based distribution to Ubuntu? If this is the case then a lot has changed. I have found that Unity 2D is very accessible; this cannot be said right now for Unity 3D, though. If it is of any help to you, here is a page which contains a lot of the available keyboard shortcuts for Unity:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086/what-are-unitys-keyboard-and-mouse-shortcuts

As per my question about whether or not you are coming from a GNOME 2.x-based system, I asked this question because you had referred to "Applications" menus and such. These menus found in GNOME 2.x (Applications, Places, System) are not existent in Unity. In Unity there is a sop panel which contains the menus (File, Edit, View, etc) for applications which support the Global Menu technology, the clock, volume settings, user settings, etc. Unity has another panel, called the Launcher, on the left-hand side of the screen. This panel contains launcher icons your favorite applications as well as icons for applications which are currently running. I apologize if this is old information to you, but it just seemed to me in reading your messages that you were either looking for similar functionality to GNOME 2.x in Unity or that you are running Unity 3D, which is not too accessible right now.

I hope that this is of some help.

Take care, and kind regards.