Re: [orca-list] Proposal: Eliminate the "gui setup" command line options

Hi Dave,

That makes sense, but I am concerned about how easy or complicated it will be to access Orca's preferences if they go ahead and do this. Currently I can press insert+space from anywhere in Gnome and am instantly taken to Orca's preferences. If the Gnome developers bury Orca's preferences 10 layers deep in Gnome's control center will I have to spend a minute or two navigating to Orca's settings when a simple hot key command does the same thing now?

I'm all for making Orca a part of the U.I. but if that change requires the end user to spend time navigating to the control center, looking for Universal Access, then the Orca preferences, etc just to change the punctuation level on the fly that really frickin' sucks. The only solution for that would be to be able to toggle many of those settings on the fly with a hot key of some kind like insert+p for punctuation or insert+v to change voices or something.