Re: [orca-list] More command line options for your consideration

On 05/12/2012 02:37 AM, Steve Holmes wrote:
If we can kill orca with a single command, then we don't need the
command line options anymore.  I'd agree with removing them.
Frankly, I had some experiences where the -q option didn't work for
me on occasion.  The main thing is being to easily determine the
correct process ID.

That's where pkill comes in: I can reliably kill Orca with:

* pkill orca
* pkill -9 orca

Ironically, now that it can easily be killed, it doesn't seem to want to
hang or time out. It must be on to me. <grins>

Take care.
--joanie