Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.10 and beyond, Unity 2D will no longer be maintained.

Hi Alex,

No. Android devices are already using 3d graphics hardware and
software.  Most newer smart phones like Android and iPhone have 3d
graphical interfaces so Unityh 3D will fit right in. As Luke pointed
out in his well written desktop and shells message  this technology
has been around for years. Its just that Linux desktops and shells
have been slow to switch to 3d, but Apple and Microsoft platforms have
been doing it for the last half decade and everyopne from desktop
manufacturers to cell phone developers have been including and
improving 3d graphics capabilities.  So Ubuntu is just taking that
next step to take advantage of what already exists.