Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.10 and beyond, Unity 2D will no longer be maintained.

Very interesting.  I really hope that the android version of the
Ubuntu desktop can be made accessible  either by Ubuntu or by someone
else.  I will be in a position to buy a new smart phone in a few
months.  I can either go with iPhone or Android and was hoping for
android since it promises more power if I can have a desktop Ubuntu
just by connecting a monitor and mouse.  Or, keyboard.  If we can get
a pocket sized device with Linux on it, it'll mean a lot of people
won't have to shell out thousands for note takers and such because
they can easily make use of this technology in their place.  I bet
someone could come up with a monitor emulator that fools the device
into thinking it's plugged into a monitor.  A roll up portable
keyboard for input, some headphones, Orca + e-speak  and the world is
our oyster.

Alex M