Re: [orca-list] OT--getting and installing Gnome Shell extensions?

On 05/05/2012 02:23 AM, Jason White wrote:
Dave Hunt <ka1cey gmail com> wrote:

I'm interested in getting the extension, Alternative Status Menu,
which replaces the default status menu with one where 'suspend' and
'power off' are separate items.  Do I really have to clone an entire
git repo, just to get one extension?  In general, how do I install
these extensions?
Check your distribution - it may provide them in packaged form.

Other way is using the extensions page:
https://extensions.gnome.org/

It is in beta status, and requires a specific version of GNOME Shell (I
guess that having a recent one would be enough). But, if you have that
version, installing an extension is easy. In the same way, AFAIK, some
improvements on this webpage are planned.

What I don't know is how accessible that webpage is.

I don't know how accessible the extensions would be with Orca. They use
Gnome-shell components for their user interfaces, which will help, but the
usual issues arise regarding whether extension authors have to provide
keyboard operability and supply labels and other details required by the
accessibility API.

I don't know either, as I didn't check them. If the authors reuse what
is already there there are high possibilities of things get working. But
as you say, that depends on the authors. As usual, anyone can report a
bug on bugzilla (product:gnome-shell, component extensions).

BR

--
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias