From: Julien Claassen [mailto:julien mail upb de]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 3:41 PM
To: Alex Midence
Cc: Dave Hunt; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] audio editing and recording in linux?

Hey Alex1
   Have you ever looked at the CLI alternatives? Nama is definitely far from Ardour, but especially, where
accessibility is concerned, it might be the closest thing. We definitely try to go for the odd Ardour feature
of five, when there's a possibility. Oh sorry, Joel does, we just poke him.
   From a colleague from the Linux Audio Users' list, who has used windwows, Mac OSX and Linux, I heard, that
at the moment he sees Linux as the easiest alternative, though probably not the most powerful. Windows as of
course a lot of software and there are some bundles designed for blind people, don't remember the name. Mac
is getting lots better - everyday it seems - in ther accessibility, but it too isn't satisfactory. Linux has
superb accessibility in the CLI and you know about the GUI, better than I would. :-) CLI apps are limited in
variety, at least, when you're looking for the more powerful interactive programs.
   Just some idle remarks.
   Best wishes
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you." (Winnie
the Pooh)