Re: [orca-list] You all're gonna think I'm stupid, but, I need help with Gnome-Speech

Call me crazy but, I'm of the opinion that stuff should not be deprecated unless that which is replacing it is equal to or better than that which is replaces. Anything else flies in the face of progress. Those same people who decided to deprecate Gnome speech should have seen to it that speech dispatcher was going to do as good a job for all users as its predecessor before phasing it out. This way those of us mortals without the wherewithall to "scratch" our proverbial itches wouldn't be left out in the cold while those who can improve product functionality make statements like: "I could fix it but, I don't want to because *I* don't need it." If I went and installed Linux at my business and made it our standard operating system for all my employees and had something phased out without something that replaced it with equal functionality, I'd be upset. This is why Linux will never truly be mainstream. Not that the paid solutions are without their flaws but over there, you can always fall back on: "I'm paying for such and such and it's not working for me."

Alex M