Re: [orca-list] You all're gonna think I'm stupid, but, I need help with Gnome-Speech

Hi,

I certainly don't think you are stupid. I happen to like gnome-speech myself although it is deprecated. Last time I installed it I think the package name was something like
libgnome-speech7
although don't hold me to it. The best thing to do is to search for it using apt-cache.

Cheers!

OK, I'm gonna sound like an idiot asking this I know, being it's so old, and so much legacy, but I have some apps, not just Orca, although that is one of them, that require Gnome-Speech to work. I know, I know, Speech-Dispatcher is better, don't rub it in, I know, I know, I really don't have a choice though.

I've installed Gnome-Speech before, but God it's been at least a year and a half since I had a system and did it. I can't for the life of me remember how to install it. I thought apt-get install gnome-speech would do it, but apparently that isn't the pkg's name.

Can someone give me step by step commands how to do this?

I know, you're probably saying why the h*** would you ever want to install that? Trust me, please just give me the steps, I have my reasons.

Chris.