Re: [orca-list] Unity-2d: Orca cannot access the menubar on the desktop

Hi,

Strange. With a stock version of Ubuntu 11.10 pressing alt+f1 brings me to the launcher. Arrowing up and down gives me Home, Firefox, Terminal, Orca, LibreOffice Calc, LibreOffice Writer, etc. So pressing alt+f1 in Unity 2d should be speaking something. It does it for me all the time. Even when I run it off the Live cd.

As for the menu bar this is what happens for me. I press windows+d which brings focus to the desktop. I Press f10 and it says window. Now, left and arrowing gets the same problem you reported of Orca reporting window, window, window when I'm on a menu option. One way I found to deal with that is to simply open up the menu and then if I left and right arrow focus will move to the next menu and speak the first item in the list. Its not a perfect solution, but it seems to work for me. At least I can read the items inside the menus even if I can't read the menu titles themselves.