Re: [orca-list] found Unity 2D extremely comfortable, just had few doubts

Hi,

One way to ad apps to the launcher (the menu accessed by 'alt+f1), launch the app you want from the 'run' bar or a keyboard shortcut. Next, find the now-running app on the launcher, and hit 'right' one, maybe two times, until it says 'add to launcher'. Hitting this option will add the app to the launcher for future sessions. I think the mouse user is able to move launcher items with drag and drop; not sure how to do this eyes-free.

Based on my experiences with Unity-2d and Ubuntu 11.10, I'd suggest you wait for 12.04's release or install a late beta, rather than have the frustration of the accessibility bugs in 11.10, orca, and Unity-2d.

HTH,

Dave