Re: [orca-list] found Unity 2D extremely comfortable, just had few doubts

Hi Krishnakant,

"Today I tryed Ubuntu precise and was very pleasantly surprised to find it very comfortable to use."

Glad to hear it. I've been using Unity 2D a lot myself and am getting use to it. I think eventually I'll switch to Unity full time myself.

"I could also access the search bar and pressing the alt + f1 I managed to find a few apps in the menu.
However I wish to know if I could add few more apps to that menu and how?
I mean is there some keyboard shortcut or shortcuts which can help me add more apps to the menu that comes with alt + f1?"

I believe that is what is called the Launcherbar. In any case you add apps to it through Ubuntu Software Center. You find the app you want to add to the Launcherbar in Software Senter, press enter on it, and on the page to add, remove, update, packages there is a button called Add to Launcher. Press enter on it and the app will show up on your Launcherbar.

"Another aspect I am interested is to change the order of the apps which I can access using the super key + numbers."

I don't know the answer to this, and have been trying to figure that out. If you find out let me know, or I'll let you know once I figure it out myself.

"Lastly, I wish to know if I feel comfortable with unity 2d? can I use Ubuntu 11.10 as of now to get used to the up coming 12.04?"

Yes. I've been using Ubuntu 11.10 for a couple of months now and accessibility is similar to 12.04. Its certainly functionally accessible and if you just want to use it to practice with go ahead. I haven't found any huge differences in access between 11.10 and 12.04.

HTH