Re: [orca-list] found Unity 2D extremely comfortable, just had few doubts

On 21/03/12 13:24, hackingKK wrote:
I could also access the search bar and pressing the alt + f1 I managed
to find a few apps in the menu.
However I wish to know if I could add few more apps to that menu and how?
I mean is there some keyboard shortcut or shortcuts which can help me
add more apps to the menu that comes with alt + f1?

Yes, if you have an application running then it'll appear on the menu
and one of the options should be to add it to your menu, so you'll be
able to launch it from there in the future.

Lastly, I wish to know if I feel comfortable with unity 2d? can I use
Ubuntu 11.10 as of now to get used to the up coming 12.04?

Let's say if I use the latest Orca, Epiphany and other stuff on Ubuntu
11.10, will I be good to go with it untill 12.04 is released?

I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but given everything
that's changing and getting fixed in Precise, you may just want to stick
with the Precise betas until it's released. I think the underlying
libraries are also newer, so updating things like Orca would probably
also be easier since more of the dependencies will have already been met.

That being said, I still mess around in Ubuntu 11.10 from time to time,
and I am using it to learn the basics of Unity.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain gmail com