Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 12.04 how can i use it

Hi Thomas,
Ok.
So here is my status.
As such I am an average Orca user.
I need to manage spreadsheets and other documents.
I use thunderbird for my emails.
I use firefox a lot for internet, but will seriously give epiphany a try after what Joanie has gifted to the Orca users. Now I must say that I am happy with the performance of thunderbird, spreadsheets and other stuff on 11.04, except that Orca is not that fast as compared to the latest reviews.

I use quite an old version of thunderbird which has still not lost the typing echo when I compose the emails, nor I have the problem where it opens slowly when there are lot of emails (I have 60000 in my inbox _.
Except the typing echo problem, I don't find firefox that bad.
On the other hand, I am pritty advance in use because I am a programmer myself.
I use eclipse for my programming needs and like its accessibility a lot.
Now I wish to know if I am going to have a similar experience with unity 2d on Ubuntu 12.04? I would love to have my older thunderbird instead of the new one where I am sure the typing echo problem persists. If epiphany does the job right, then my browsing needs are pritty much taken care off. I don't mind the learning curve provided all the keyboarde shortcuts are well documented.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.