Re: [orca-list] what is the current status with form field accessibility in firefox

Hi Deedra.

If you have a recent copy of Epiphany, WebKitGtk, and Orca, and you
enable caret navigation in Epiphany you should find many things to work
including arrowing, text selection, structural navigation, etc. The neat
thing about Epiphany is that when bugs come up that are not Orca bugs,
filing them against WebKitGtk tends to get them fixed. Because of this,
and because WebKitGtk has more reliable caret navigation, we are able to
present the results of native navigation rather than having to implement
it ourselves.

Having said that, Orca's support for Epiphany/WebKitGtk needs more work.
This is something I plan to concentrate on over the next few months. The
current focus this release cycle has been on getting Orca + gnome-shell
working well together, starting to clean up Orca's code, and improve
Orca's performance.

I suppose I should clone myself so that I could get more done. lol.

--joanie