Re: [orca-list] Trisquel

On 06/08/2012 02:54 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
Smart policy.  It's a good idea to go to a point about 2 weeks or at most a month in the past and just do a control
shift end to select to end of list, cut and past into a folder labeled "archived" or something.  This way,
your inbox is kept small.  I've had slowness issues with past Thunderbir versions and Orca where if I let my inbox go
above 200 or so, it would freeze up completely when I launched it and I'd hear my cooling fan cool up and speech begin
to crackle.  It was unusable that way and made me switch to alpine on that machine.  I'm running Precise with whatever
the latest thunderbird is on there along with Orca 3.4.2 or 3 depending on what's in Proposed at the moment and I've
got about 400 message in my inbox.  It is running fine.
I have at least 750 or so messages off late which I really need.
Will try with that many messages and see the result.
I may have about a 1000 emails which I have downloaded off line and I frequently need them, out of which about 700 are really important. This limitation of having only few emails must be looked at by Thunderbird guys.

Question: Why on Earth do you need 6500 e-mails?  When will you ever get time to read them all?  Have you
ever considered exporting them to an archive file like a .gz or .bz2 file?

Yes you are right.
I do it always.
I have more than 25000 emails and most of them are archived.
Happy hacking
Krishnakant.