Re: [orca-list] QT-AT-SPI in Fedora 17

Peter Rayner <prayner unimelb edu au> wrote:
I'm quite confused on the at-spi vs at-spi2 transition, which toolkit
is currently using which interface.

The toolkits (other than QT) all interact with ATK rather than with AT-SPI
directly, and thus they are independent of which version of AT-SPI is being
used. (The ATK to AT-SPI bridge is part of AT-SPI).

QT uses DBus directly and therefore requires AT-SPI 2.

AT-SPI 1 is no longer available or supported as of Gnome 3, so it's dead for
practical purposes unless you're still running Gnome 2.x, which as a Fedora
user you wouldn't be.

Others are welcome to correct or qualify the above - my apologies in advance
for any errors.